Middle School Academy
The Middle School Academy is a year-long program where students can receive high school credits while recovering middle school coursework. The Middle School Academy requires students to be at least 15 years of age prior to entry in the program; students should be entering the 7th or 8th grade after being retained cumulatively for two years or more.
Our primary goal is to assist each student in learning the skills and competencies that will lead to grade level promotion and the completion of all graduation requirements.
The Middle School Academy emphasizes remediation, course recovery, and performance-based instruction. This is achieved through the team teaching approach. The instructional focus in each class is aligned with district and state standards. The curriculum has been developed with student motivation and achievement as the primary goal of the skills and competencies needed to recover credits, accelerate promotion and/or improve grade point average (GPA). Our focus is to assist the student in overcoming the barriers to student achievement and any other limitations previously experienced.
What We Offer…
- Course recovery
- Opportunity to obtain high school credits
- “School-within-a-school” model providing a small learning community
- Team of highly qualified administrators, teachers, behavior specialists, and family counselors
- Individual student assessment, academic counseling, and mentoring program
- General academic courses (Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Reading)
- Career Exploration Electives – Culinary Arts, Physical Education, Criminal Justice, Music Technology, Digital Design, Business Management, and TV Production
- Provisions to address the educational needs of a broad range of learning including those with disabilities
- Online credit completion